• Watch Anjunadeep 14 live from Qarraba Bay, Malta: https://youtu.be/gaI7fdfyBHQ
• Anjunadeep New Releases: https://anjunadeep.co/newreleases.oyd
• Listen to Anjunadeep Radio 24/7: https://anjunadeep.co/radio.oyd
• Anjuna Music Store: https://music.anjunabeats.com/
• Anjuna Merchandise: https://store.anjunabeats.com/
• Join our newsletter for updates: https://anjunadeep.com/gb/join
Take a 33 minute dive into some hidden deep house gems from the Anjunadeep catalogue, released during 2013 – 2014, handpicked and mixed by Anjunadeep HQ.
Photo: Giorgio Trovato
[00:00] Martin Roth – Mel (Whomi Remix)
[08:00] Journeyman – Crash Reel
[12:15] Thomas Schwartz & Fausto Fanizza – Tomahawk
[16:43] Andrew Bayer & James Grant – Living
[22:29] Shingo Nakamura vs Jody Wisternoff & James Grant – Another Tone
[26:35] 16BL – Friendly Neighbour
• Youtube: http://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/DeepSubcc
• Website: http://www.anjunadeep.com
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anjunadeep
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anjunadeep
• Spotify: https://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/NewReleasesYo/spotify
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/anjunadeep
• SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/anjunadeep
• Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AboveandBeyond/
• Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/anjuna
• Discord: http://www.discord.gg/anjuna
• Join our newsletter: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
Follow Anjunadeep Playlists:
• Chill with Anjuna: https://anjunadeep.co/chill.oyd
• Melodic House 2023: https://anjunadeep.co/melodichouse.oyd
• Best of Anjunadeep: https://anjunadeep.co/bestof.oyd
• Anjunadeep Discography: https://anjunadeep.co/discog.oyd
#Anjunadeep #DeepHouse #DJMix
The Importance of Music
Music accomplishes many things: it provides entertainment, it plays a significant role in culture, it gives people an outlet for their creativity and it helps us understand beauty. But it also has practical utility: as a means of transmitting information and emotions, and even of providing a physical pleasure.
Historically, the most obvious use of music has been for communication. Musical instruments like bugles have been used by armies to communicate orders; the tones of a telephone ring or alarm signal inform us that someone is calling or that something needs attention.
More subtle, but no less important, is the communication of ideas through music. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) and Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) both saw in music a symbolism that was closer to the inner dynamism of process than the symbols of painting or sculpture, which are bound by the impediments of spatialization.
The ancient Greek philosopher Democritus (428-348/347 bce) denied any basic need for music, saying that it was superfluous. More recently, however, the growth of psychological understanding of play and other symbolic activities has begun to weaken this tenacious belief.
The most popular form of contemporary Music is pop, which has a variety of styles. These include rock and roll (which combines elements of African-American gospel music, rhythm and blues and jazz) and bebop (a complex style of up-tempo jazz from the 1950s). There is also country music, which often incorporates acoustic guitars and beautiful voices and genres such as metal, which is a rock sub-genre with loud distorted guitars and fast drum fills.