• Buy/Stream: https://anjunadeep.co/002ep.oyd
• Follow Anjunadeep New Releases: https://anjunadeep.co/newreleases
• Listen to the Anjunadeep Discography: https://anjunadeep.co/discog
• Listen to Anjunadeep Radio 24/7: https://anjunadeep.co/radio
• Join our newsletter for updates: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
2021 saw the introduction of the enigmatic artist known as São Miguel with the single ‘Hope In Balance’ and ‘001 EP’.
The collaboration with LA-born vocalist Sebastian Reynoso was championed by the likes of TOKiMONSTA, Kidnap, Lane 8, and Dosem, and supported by industry stalwarts such as Resident Advisor, Dim Mak, and Monstercat. ‘Hope In Balance’ also saw a remix from Jody Wisternoff & James Grant, which featured on Anjunadeep 13.
Now, São Miguel releases ‘002 EP’, a four-track continuation of their distinctive sound that borrows from melodic techno and progressive house. Exemplified in opening track ‘Heart Anxious’, São Miguel’s ‘002 EP’ is a gripping array of twisting lead synths and melancholic vocal chops that are bound to fill club dance floors this summer.
Release date: 20th July 2022
• Youtube: http://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/DeepSubcc
• Website: http://www.anjunadeep.com
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anjunadeep
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anjunadeep
• Spotify: https://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/NewReleasesYo/spotify
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/anjunadeep
• SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/anjunadeep
• Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AboveandBeyond/
• Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/anjuna
• Discord: http://www.discord.gg/anjuna
• Join our newsletter: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
The Evolution of Music and Genres
After the advent of the iPod and Napster in the late 1980s, a new generation of digital music was born. The first compact disc (CD) was released in 1982. This new technology did away with magnetic tape and used digital optical recording to embed playable tracks on polycarbonate plastic discs. Its lightweight and thin form allowed it to produce superior stereo sound. By the 1990s, CDs had replaced the old tape collection. And they didn’t stop there.
Over the past 50 years, music has been one of the most powerful cultural forces of our time. It has inspired artists to become rock stars, accompanied movies, and sparked cultural revolutions. Music has inspired the masses to dance, enlightened them, and enraged them. It has also spurred congressional investigations and fueled political activism. Its ubiquity means that music is always in flux. Stacker has analyzed its evolution, its cultural impact, and its relationship to audiences.
Despite the success of male artists, female artists have been making headlines as well. Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, and Carrie Underwood have made their names known in the pop music market. Throughout the years, new artists have been breaking boundaries and defining genres in music. However, there are always some pioneers who stand out. It may be hard to pinpoint one artist in particular as the best, but many female artists are making it big.