• Buy/Stream: https://anjunadeep.co/anap.oyd
• Follow Anjunadeep New Releases: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/newreleases…
• Listen to the Anjunadeep Discography: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/discog.oyd
• Listen to Anjunadeep Radio 24/7: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/radio
• Join our newsletter for updates: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
Esteemed Goan dance producer Anish Sood unveils his third release on Anjunadeep under his Anyasa alias. Out June 20, the ‘Apollo EP’ follows his ‘Gaya’ and ‘Athena’ EPs, which have, between them, accumulated over 2.7 million streams, as well as coverage from outlets including Mixmag and Rolling Stone India.
Anyasa is an accomplished DJ and live act, as showcased in multiple set recordings online, including his performance for the launch of Mixmag’s Lab in Goa. He will also be touring internationally this summer, and following a trio of sets at Anjunadeep’s Explorations festival, he will be heading to North America, playing in cities including Toronto, Chicago and San Francisco, alongside a stop at Anjunadeep’s takeover of the Brooklyn Mirage on July 7.
Anyasa has, with his consistent, club-focused productions and energetic performances, earned support from tastemaking DJs including Maceo Plex, Joris Voorn and Marsh, and his new ‘Apollo EP’ is set to reach similar heights. Across the four tracks, Anyasa draws inspiration from the rich cultural tapestry of India, and skilfully marries traditional Indian instrumentation and vocalists with modern electronic dance sounds, making for a unique, yet entirely signature release from the talented producer.
Release Date: 20th June 2023
• Youtube: http://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/DeepSubcc
• Website: http://www.anjunadeep.com
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anjunadeep
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anjunadeep
• Spotify: https://Anjunadeep.co/NewReleases.oyd
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/anjunadeep
• SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/anjunadeep
• Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AboveandBeyond/
• Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/anjuna
• Discord: http://www.discord.gg/anjuna
• Join our newsletter: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
The Study of Music
Music accomplishes many things; it can be useful, it can enrich our communities, it can provide entertainment, it can put us in touch with beauty and it can just be music. It is a wonderful tool that we use to express our emotions and thoughts. Neuroscientists, musicologists, psychologists and anthropologists continue to study music to discover its practical utility as well as its ability to convey information and emotion. It is a form of art that transcends time, connecting generations and cultures. Even in these times of lockdowns and COVID-19, nothing helped people connect and break through the feeling of isolation as much as beautiful music played from balconies and shared online.
The study of Music covers a wide range of topics; there are the fundamentals such as pitch (the sounds that we hear) which include notes and chords; rhythm which organizes sounded and silenced durations into patterns; meter which groups strong beats and weak beats into measures; harmony which establishes relationships between different pitches; and articulation which determines how short or long, smooth or stressed or suddenly emphatic a sound is. The study of Music also deals with the history of its development as well as a myriad of genres.
There are also the more practical aspects of Music; it can be used to evoke specific emotional states, change the speed of a workout, and influence retail buying behavior such as how long you spend in the store and what type of wine you purchase. In addition, music can be used as a method of escapism and to create an environment that is safe and supportive for individuals who are grieving or in need of a spiritual experience.