• Buy/Stream: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/tlial.oyd
• Follow Anjunadeep New Releases: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/newreleases.oyd
• Listen to the Anjunadeep Discography: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/discog.oyd
• Listen to Anjunadeep Radio 24/7: https://anjunadeep.ffm.to/radio
• Join our newsletter for updates: https://anjunadeep.com/signup
Distinguished Utrecht-based duo Tinlicker (Micha Heyboer and Jordi van Achthoven) release their exceptional album ‘In Another Lifetime’ this Friday, February 18 via independent record label Anjunadeep. The album release follows single releases ‘Be Here and Now’, ‘You Take My Hand’, ‘Just To Hear You Say’, and ‘Healing Forest’, which have accumulated 5M streams and been championed by the likes of Pete Tong, Diplo, Gary Jamze, and John Digweed, to name a few.
Written during lockdown, ‘In Another Lifetime’ was heavily influenced by Tinlicker’s experience of the past two years. Reflecting on the title, the duo explain; “These last two years saw the creation of a parallel universe in which human beings had to reinvent themselves whether they wanted to or not. We experienced a lot of lows in this process, but also beautiful highs – in some moments it felt like everything was about to slip through our fingers, while other days the process brought a lot of peace. For us, the title ‘In Another Lifetime’ captured this journey.”
Featuring eleven new tracks and an ensemble of vocalists, ‘In Another Lifetime’ reflects this dichotomy of highs and lows. Whilst invoking the familiar Tinlicker sound of powerful progressive house, the album also explores tangential styles of electronica, deep house, and melodic techno. Tracks such as ‘Always Will’ featuring Nathan Nicholson and ‘You Take My Hand’ featuring Jamie Irrepressible are characteristic of the duo; masterful compositions of fervently driving percussion, considered synth design, and hypnotic vocals that make for darker, memorable club anthems. Other tracks, such as ‘I Am Free’ and instrumentals such as ‘Healing Forest’ and ‘Just To Hear You Say’ convey a less conventional approach from the duo, where they favour breakbeat arrangements and brighter melodic elements. The end result is an album that reflects Tinlicker’s artistic and personal growth.
Champions of forward-thinking sound design and dynamic songwriting, Tinlicker members Micha Heyboer and Jordi van Achthoven combined their storied musical backgrounds in 2013. Quickly it became clear that Jordi’s polished pop and house production was a consummate match for Micha’s deep sonic palette – a quality he honed as a member of drum and bass group Black Sun Empire. Tinlicker released their first studio album ‘This Is Not Our Universe’ in 2019 via Anjunabeats. Drawing international attention for its powerful progressive sound, the album was championed by Pete Tong and Annie Nightingale at BBC Radio 1, Jason Bentley at KCRW, and SiriusXM. The time between album releases saw the duo release a slew of acclaimed EPs and singles, including remixes for deadmau5, Reflekt, and their Beatport #1 edit of Robert Miles’ ‘Children’, this year’s ‘Lost Gravity’ EP, and 2017’s global smash-hit ‘Because You Move Me’, which has accrued over 160 million streams on Spotify alone.
‘In Another Lifetime’ represents a brand new chapter for Tinlicker as they emerge from the past years’ uncertainty and demonstrate their vast personal and artistic growth. The album lands February 18, 2022 via Anjunadeep and will be accompanied by a global album tour, with more details to come soon.
Release date: 18th February 2022
• Youtube: http://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/DeepSubcc
• Website: http://www.anjunadeep.com
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anjunadeep
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anjunadeep
• Spotify: https://Anjunadeep.lnk.to/NewReleasesYo/spotify
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/anjunadeep
• SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/anjunadeep
• Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AboveandBeyond/
• Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/anjuna
• Discord: http://www.discord.gg/anjuna
• Join our newsletter: https://anjunadeep.com/signup/
#Anjunadeep #Tinlicker #InAnotherLifetime